Adventure game featuring famous Disney movie characters
If you're ever dreamed about raising your own pet ogre, Pocket Shrek has you covered. While the Dreamworks animated series may have not seen a new movie in years, internet culture has breathed new life into the Shrek franchise, and this unique spin on pet raising simulators like Talking Tom should have appeal to both kids and hipsters alike.
The fundamentals here are par for the course for pet sims. You have to track Shrek's various bars to make sure he's happy, sleeping regularly, and well fed. The lack of loss conditions makes it an ideal choice for younger players, but there's also a nice progression system to keep players engaged. Creating a more happy environment for Shrek will open up new areas to explore as Shrek tracks down his lost love Fiona, and the more you play, the more you get to interact with the expansive cast of fairy tale characters that the Shrek franchise is known for. You can even unlock stills from the movies as you advance.
Where this game really sticks the landing is in its committed recreation of the series universe. Shrek looks, acts, and talks just like he's supposed to, and the fan service packed into his adventures are dense enough to satisfy most fans. While the fundamentals of the game likely won't be enough to hold the attention of anyone who doesn't care about Shrek, there's plenty here to delight younger players and avid fans of the franchise.
- No losing conditions to worry about
- Features an expansive cast of Shrek characters
- Includes a variety of fun mini-games
- Lacking in unique features or gameplay loops
- Lots of mini games are a bit simplistic and repetitive
- More Bug Fixes and Optimization
- Quicker to load
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.